Due to the rural nature of the Delmarva Peninsula, there are only a handful of places to stay within the watershed itself. However, in the surrounding areas, there are plenty of hotels, campgrounds, and rental homes available, located only a short drive from the attractions you may wish to see or the access sites you may wish to use for your river explorations. Click on the drop-down menus below to view some of the area’s options.
[expand title=”Caroline County” tag=”h4″]
- Best Western Denton Inn – This charming Denton hotel offers abundant amenities and is close to many area businesses, stunning beaches, exciting casinos and wonderful restaurants. Featuring a complimentary breakfast, an outdoor pool, high speed internet, and many more amenities. This hotel is 100% smoke free.
- Holiday Park – Located on 200 acres bordered by the Choptank River headwaters. Offering RV & tent camping, CATV, group facilities and plenty to entertain children of all ages: with large pool, several playgrounds, game room, tennis and basketball courts. Shuffleboard, volleyball, open sports field, river fishing, hayrides and lots of trails for biking or hiking. Activities are planned on the weekends.
- Idylwild Farm Bed and Breakfast – Idylwild Farm invites horse riders seeking a rural getaway as well as vacationers eager for a farm country experience. This modern home with a rustic decor offers either a first or second story room for two with panoramic views of pasture, woods and cultivated fields that change with the growing season. Guest’s horses have box stalls and a paddock of their own.
- Schrader’s Bridgetown Manor – This beautiful manor home is situated on rural farmland in Caroline County. It has eleven spacious bedrooms, all with private baths. A full selection of outdoor activities are offered including hunting for waterfowl, turkey, deer, doves and upland birds, along with pond fishing. The 24 station sporting clays course is open 7 days a week and has certified instruction along with rental guns. The scenic country roads are ideal for the cyclist. The Manor is perfect for weddings, private parties and business meetings with catering onsite.
- The Retreat House at Hillsboro – Where they are happy to share the beauty of the land, the quiet of the church, the warmth of the Retreat House spaces with everyone, regardless of religion or spiritual practice. Overnight hermitages or quiet days available for individuals or groups.
For more information on places to stay in Caroline County, please visit the Caroline County Office of Tourism.
[expand title=”Dorchester County” tag=”h4″]
- Albanus Phillips Inn – Located in historic Cambridge, this beautiful 1903 Queen Anne Victorian features eight guest rooms. Your stay also includes a daily gourmet breakfast, housekeeping, and wireless internet access.
- Cambridge Inn – Located in Cambridge, MD on Route 50. Pared down rooms in a utilitarian budget hotel offering Wi-Fi, parking & guest laundry facilities. Pet friendly.
- Cambridge House Bed & Breakfast – Cambridge House Bed & Breakfast offers luxurious guest rooms where guests can enjoy a restful night’s sleep. A delicious breakfast overlooking the garden and lily ponds provides a great way to begin the day.
- Cambridge Yacht Club – Experience the nautical traditions of the Eastern Shore in an unsurpassed waterfront setting at the Cambridge Yacht Club. The Cambridge Yacht Club features affordable deepwater and transient slips, fine dining, and rental space for special events.
- Chesapeake Country House – This is a beautiful cottage, stocked with everything you need in a private secure setting, set back from the road in a lovely area with great biking, fishing, boating along the Chesapeake Bay.
- Comfort Inn and Suites – Located on Route 50 in Cambridge, they offer free breakfast with hot waffles daily, wi-fi, local calls, indoor heated pool, on-site meeting room, and more.
- Days Inn & Suites – The Days Inn & Suites is located close to the Harriet Tubman Museum and Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge. All rooms include a microwave and fridge, FREE high speed wireless Internet, and continental breakfast. Days Inn is a dog-friendly hotel.
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort – Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina is located in Cambridge, Maryland along the Choptank River. At Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay you will find a full service Sago spa and salon, 18-hole Championship Golf Course and 150-slip Marina. This resort also features a StayFit Fitness Center, water sports, three pools and meeting facilities. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including cycling, kayaking and mini-golf.
- Madison Bay Campground & Marina – Enjoy spacious campsites, showers, laundry area, Madison Bay R&R restaurant, and a game room. Call for more information. The marina features overnight slips, electric, showers, laundry, ice, and repairs, plus access to the game room and restaurant.
- Marvels on the Creek Bed & Breakfast – Enjoy country living on Cabin Creek in East New Market. Relax on the spacious deck or enjoy the outside spa in our pet-friendly establishment.
- Rippons Harbor – Located on the Honga River at Lower Hooper Island, Rippons Harbor features overnight slips, fuel, electric, ice, and a pumpout station. Transportation is available. Crab meat and steamed crabs are also available on site in season.
- Riverside Lodge – Riverside Lodge is an all-inclusive outdoor resort located on Hoopers Island. Riverside is located on 1,000 acres of land, which includes marshland, woodland, nine ponds, and miles of waterfront. The Lodge is available year round and provides activities such as fishing, crabbing, waterfowl hunting, and kayaking. The Lodge has five double-occupancy bedrooms with private baths.
- Taylor’s Island Family Campground – This family-oriented campground is located right on the Chesapeake Bay. RV and tent sites are available.
- The Cottage at Heron Point – “The Cottage” at Heron Cove is a cozy retreat situated on a scenic peninsula with water views from every window. Relax on the large wrap-around screened in porch or soak in the 450 gallon hot tub. With ten acres of property, the cottage offers seclusion, peace, and serenity.
- Upstairs at the Belvedere – Located in Cambridge, MD. Includes: Seasonal, local producer breakfast. Front screened porch, back yard seating, bicycle use, driveway & street parking. Great remote working space or respite away from work! You are the only guests.
- Victoria Gardens Inn Bed & Breakfast – Built in 1890, Victoria Gardens is a tastefully restored landmark Victorian Heritage House in the historic district of Cambridge, Maryland. Pet-friendly, but must call ahead.
For more information on places to stay in Dorchester County, please visit the Tour Dorchester County website.
[expand title=”Wicomico County” tag=”h4″]
- America’s Best Value Inn Salisbury – Americas Best Value Inn’s location, facilities and value pricing makes this property a perfect choice for leisure, corporate, family reunions, groups, meetings and special events. This property features continental breakfast and an outdoor pool.
- Best Western Salisbury Plaza – The Best Western Salisbury Plaza offers a down home atmosphere in a clean comfortable setting. Staff treats you like family and are awaiting your request and needs during your stay. Continental breakfast is provided.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson – They are convenient to a wealth of area attractions and entertainment, including Salisbury University, Wicomico Youth and Civic Center, Henry S. Parker Athletic Complex and Ocean City, MD (25 miles). Amenities include complimentary hot breakfast, guest laundry, airport shuttle, indoor pool and microwave & fridge in every room.
- Courtyard by Marriott – This Salisbury, MD hotel is located 5 miles north of the Salisbury/Wicomico Regional Airport, convenient to the Delmarva Shorebirds Stadium, Salisbury University and the Henry S. Parker Sports Complex.
- Days Inn of Salisbury – Enjoy your Delmarva Peninsula stay at the Days Inn Salisbury hotel, near Centre at Salisbury and Salisbury State University. Sandwiched between Atlantic Ocean beaches and the Chesapeake Bay, the Salisbury, MD hotel offers comfortable accommodations at an affordable rate.
- Gillis Grier Bed & Breakfast – Gillis Grier Bed & Breakfast is 30 miles from Ocean City, MD, 41 miles from Harrington Raceway & Casino, and 57 miles from Dover Downs Speedway & Casino. Enjoy delicious breakfasts, afternoon refreshments, and southern hospitality in a Victorian setting. Afternoon and High Teas served every third Sunday of the month.
- Hampton Inn of Fruitland – On Maryland’s Eastern Shore, just minutes from both the Atlantic Ocean and the banks of the Chesapeake Bay, nestled in the heart of a charming city that embodies small-town America. The Hampton Inn & Suites Fruitland is where classic meets modern with all of your lodging needs in one beautifully appointed hotel. Amenities include a full hot breakfast and Airport Shuttle.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites – Located in Delmar, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Salisbury – Delmar, an IHG Hotel, is in a rural location, within a 5-minute drive of Wicomico County Tourist Information Center and Centre at Salisbury. This hotel is 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from Salisbury University and 23 mi (37 km) from Georgetown Speedway.
- Microtel Inn and Suites – Choose the Microtel Inns & Suites Salisbury hotel and take advantage of the prime location off Route 50. Check in anytime with our 24-hour multilingual front desk staff, then park in the free parking lot, capable of accommodating large vehicles. Continental breakfast is included, as well as an airport shuttle.
- Residence Inn by Marriott – The Residence Inn Salisbury specializes in long term stays. The Residence Inn is an all-suite hotel designed for travelers who will be away from home for an extended period of time. Full hot breakfast buffet and weekday Manager’s Socials are complimentary. Every suite has a fully equipped kitchen, living room, and sleeping area.
- Roaring Point Waterfront Campground – This small campground is located right on the Nanticoke Rover. Open from April 1 to November 15, the campground offers tent and RV sites.
- Sandy Hill Family Campground – The Sandy Hill campground is located on the beautiful Nanticoke River on Maryland’s Lower Shore. Here, guests can fish, swim, hike, or just relax. The campground offers separate fishing and swimming beaches, two boat ramps, and a pier. Sandy Hill consists of 99 camp sites with options for tents, trailers, and RVs. The campground is open from March 15 to December 15.
- Sleep Inn – The Newly Renovated Sleep Inn® hotel is ideally located right off U.S. Route 50, offering easy access to Ocean City, Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Annapolis. This Salisbury, MD hotel is just one mile from the Arthur W. Perdue Stadium and Winterplace Park. The Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, the Salisbury Zoo, Peninsula Regional Medical Center, Salisbury University and Wor-Wic Community College are also nearby. It is also just minutes away from The Salisbury-Ocean City-Wicomico Regional Airport.
- Whitehaven Hotel Bed and Breakfast – This 19th century historic hotel/bed & breakfast has seven guest rooms. All Hotel rooms have private baths, two have access to the second floor screened porch and two have working fireplaces. Two kayaks are available at no additional cost for guests. Room with a View, a gift shop offering one-of-a kind, hand made Eastern Shore crafts, is open on the first floor of the Hotel. (Shop is open Wednesday through Sunday). Boaters: hotel guests may dock at the Hotel’s dock.
[expand title=”Sussex County” tag=”h4″]
- Relax Inn – A family-owned business, The Relax Inn is an affordable stay just off Route 13 in Laurel. The motel is just a short distance from Trap Pond State Park which offers opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Trap Pond State Park Campground – Trap Pond’s campground offers a wide variety of sites beneath its tall loblolly pines, including RV and tent sites with water and electric, walk-in tent sites, a popular island tent site, and primitive camping areas for youth groups (available by reservation only). Waterfront climate-controlled camping cabins, each with a living area and bedroom, are available year-round. Yurts, round stationary structures with canvas walls, allow a rustic camping experience without having to pitch your own tent.
- Comfort Suites – Comfort Suites® Seaford hotel offers you a relaxing place to stay as well as a great start to the day. You’ll find the pet-friendly hotel located off Route 13 near attractions like the Delaware State Fairgrounds, Wicomico Youth and Civic Center, Nanticoke River, Killens Pond State Park, and Trap Pond State Park.
- Days Inn & Suites – Rise and shine for value at Days Inn & Suites Seaford hotel. Ideally located in the heart of beautiful Seaford, this Seaford, DE hotel near Delaware International Raceway puts you just 35 minutes away from the best Delaware beaches, shopping, restaurants and entertainment.
- Hampton Inn – Explore Seaford’s quaint historic downtown. Stroll along the Nanticoke Riverfront where the Nanticoke Riverfest is held each July. Visit the Seaford Museum or take a ride on the historic Woodland Ferry.
- Motel 6 – Motel 6 Seaford, DE is just minutes from the Seaford Museum, the Governor Ross Mansion and Plantation, and the Harrington Raceway and Casino. Amenities include micro-fridge units and free Wi-Fi.