Below are a sampling of restaurants that are located throughout the Nanticoke watershed, displayed by the county in which they are located. We hope that this list is helpful to you in planning your travels along the river!
- Chesapeake Culinary Center & Shore Gourmet – Located in Denton, MD the Chesapeake Culinary Center is housed in the historic Caroline Schoolhouse. The center offers a variety of cooking classes and workshops for groups of all sizes. Shore Gourmet is also located here, which features Maryland made specialty products. Shore Gourmet also offers a variety of breakfast, lunch, and Wednesday dinner items.
- Federalsburg Family Restaurant – This recently renovated Modern American restaurant serves everything from soups and salads to subs and delicious entrees.
- Great Wall Chinese Restaurant – Conveniently located on S. Main St. in Federalsburg, MD. Great Wall serves delicious Chinese food at a low price.
- Market Street Public House – Market Street Public House is located in Denton, MD. It is a great place for friends and family to share a delicious meal. Their menu includes traditional Irish pub-fare as well as a variety of popular American dishes. They serve lunch and dinner daily. Check out their rotating selection of crafts!
- Pizza Empire – Located on Main St. in Federalsburg, Shore Hwy. in Denton, and Goldsboro Rd. in Henderson, Pizza Empire combines Italian deliciousness with the convenience of fast food.
- U5 Foods – “The best local pizza and fried chicken in the neighborhood!” Also serving seafood, salads, and a wide selection of sandwiches on Smithville Rd. in Federalsburg.
For more information on dining in Caroline County, please visit the Visit Caroline County website.
- Ava’s Pizzeria & Wine Bar – Ava’s is located in downtown Cambridge in a beautifully restored historic building. The menu includes brick oven pizzas, salads, sandwiches, and pasta dishes. Everything is made in house from the pizza dough to their hand-pulled mozzarella.
- Bay Country Bakery – We offer an extensive selection of coffee and espresso drinks, as well as delicious bakery items!
- Bistro Poplar – Serving traditional French cuisine in the heart of historic Cambridge, Maryland. This one-of-a-kind restaurant’s culinary inspiration comes from the Picardy region of France, infused with local flavors such as crab and oyster.
- Black Water Bakery – Here you’ll find artisan breads and pastries and plenty of sweets, all made in house. They have cakes, pies, scones, muffins, pop tarts and much, much more. All expertly crafted in-house by their bakers and perfectly paired with a great cup of Rise Up or Chesapeake Bay Roasting Company coffee, a hand-pulled latte, steamer or an espresso. Looking for a little something more? They serve a full breakfast menu with omelets, sandwiches, quiche, pancakes, waffles, etc. Plus cocktails including bloody Marys, mimosas, crushes, and wines by the glass.
- Blue Point Provision Company – Featuring a display grill with the best provisions from the Chesapeake Bay, Blue Point offers famous and locally harvested seafood. Located at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort, Blue Point offers such regional seafood specialties as local bay rockfish, world famous harvested Blue Point oysters, and their own signature crab cakes.
- Bombay Social – Indian restaurant offering a range of biryani, curry, paneer, masala, several vegetarian entrees, and more. The chef uses seasonal ingredients in simple, handcrafted dishes. Some dishes prepared in their clay oven. Plus cocktails with a twist of India. Dine in or takeaway.
- Cambridge Diner – Home-cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner and a nice-sized bar menu on Old Rt. 50 in Cambridge.
- Carmela’s Cucina – A taste of Italy in the heart of the Chesapeake! This casual, family-owned Italian restaurant is located in Cambridge and features hand-tossed, thin crust, Sicilian style pizza. Specializing in Italian entrees, baked pasta, and seafood pasta dishes, they also serve fresh salads made with local produce, steaks and burgers, and cold and hot subs.
- Cindy’s Kitchen – Eastern Shore homestyle cooking in Cambridge. A favorite spot for local hunters.
- Don Chuy Mexican Taqueria – Open for lunch and dinner, Don Chuy specializes in Mexican tacos and burritos made with fresh ingredients and traditional recipes in downtown Cambridge. Serving beer, wine, and margaritas. Dine in, carry out, or delivery.
- Jimmie & Sook’s – Jimmie & Sook’s is located in Cambridge, MD and are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Their menu includes everything from award-winning cream of crab soup to pulled pork to chicken and dumplings. All of their crabmeat is local MD blue crab.
- Katie’s at the Airport – Located in the Dorchester County Airport Terminal, you can find some Eastern Shore home-cooking at Katie’s.
- Lil’ Bitta Bull BBQ – Featuring slow, smoked daily, wood pit BBQ. Brisket, turkey, ribs, pulled pork, chicken, and more. Sandwiches, platters, and sides. Plus a robust list of signature cocktails. Lil’ Bitta Bull BBQ started out as a food truck, and after great success also has a bricks-and-mortar restaurant in the heart of Downtown Cambridge. Local tip: check out their brisket, smoked turkey, or pulled pork tacos!
- Millie’s Roadhouse Bar and Grill – Millie’s Roadhouse Bar and Grill serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Vienna. Offering crab cakes, steamed shrimp, fresh local fish, fresh oysters, steaks, subs, and more. Also available for on-site and off-site catering. Open Weds-Sun.
- Neck District Grill – Serving breakfast and lunch: sandwiches and subs, homemade soups and specials that change daily. Also serving dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. Located in a historic former general store (the Lewis Country Store) in the Neck District, about 20 minutes from Route 50 in Cambridge. Takeout available.
- Ocean Odyssey – Established in Cambridge in 1986, Ocean Odyssey serves 100% domestic crab meat and local oysters. Dine in or carry out steamed crabs. Also features a rotating stock of fresh fish, craft brews, local wines and fresh bread.
- Old Salty’s – Enjoy unforgettable cuisine as you dine at historic Old Salty’s Restaurant on Hooper Island.
- Palm Beach Willie’s – Enjoy floating waterfront dining at Slaughter Creek Marina near Taylors Island. Come by boat or by land!
- Peking House Restaurant – Peking House serves sushi and Chinese cuisine for lunch and dinner. Located on Route 50, next to the Holiday Inn Express. They offer a wide selection of Chinese food as well as a full sushi bar. Eat in or carry out.
- Pizza Ziya – Authentic Italian food such as pizza, subs, salads, gyros, salads, calzones and pasta. Free wi-fi. Eat in or free local delivery.
- Plaza Tapatia – A family style restaurant, serving authentic Mexican cuisine in several Delmarva locations. Definitely check out their Mariachi performances!
- Porter Soul Food Restaurant – “Southern Food with an Attitude.” Look for turkey wings, ox tails, chitterlings, pig feet, pork chops, catfish, collard greens, candied yams, fried okra, and more. Dine in or drive thru on Sunburst Hwy. in Cambridge.
- Portside Restaurant – Portside is a casual dining restaurant and bar. The restaurant overlooks Cambridge Creek and Cambridge’s historic drawbridge. They have a varied menu of seafood and American meals.
- RAR Brewing – RAR is a brewery located in Cambridge, MD. They produce well-balanced American brews in their 10-barrel brewery. RAR also serves pub fare.
- Rise Up Coffee Roasters – Rise Up offers locally roasted coffee made with organic beans. They also offer a range of breakfast sandwiches and baked goods.
- River View at the Point – Casual, family-style restaurant with a beautiful view of the Choptank River, specializing in fresh, local, and homemade food at a great value. Local tip: Every Wednesday they offer Chicken & Dumplings and home made cinnamon buns.
- Snappers Waterfront Cafe – You are sure to enjoy dining at Snappers Waterfront Cafe, an American Grill and Cantina! They serve the best in Maryland Seafood, Authentic Southwestern Cooking, and American and Island cuisine!
- Soft & Salty Seafood – Carry-out seafood including hard and soft crabs and oysters. Also salads, soups and desserts. In the Neck District area outside Cambridge, about 14 miles from Route 50. Local tip: follow their social media to find out the soup of the day!
- Suicide Bridge Restaurant – Enjoy beautiful waterfront dining in their 450 seat restaurant. Suicide Bridge Restaurant specializes in fresh seafood and prime cuts of beef. They feature award winning crabcakes and homemade desserts. A local favorite for date-nights. Be sure to check out their Choptank Riverboat cruises too!
- Thaitalian Infusion Cuisine – Thaitalian is what you get when you combine real Thai food, prepared by a Thai chef, and real Italian food, prepared by an Italian chef. Look for everything from pasta and pizza (including the 30″ mega pizza) to spring rolls and pad thai.
- Theo’s Steakhouse – Theo’s is located in the heart of downtown Cambridge, MD. They offer hand-carved steaks, hand-crafted burgers, local seafood, and salads.
- Verona Pizza Family Restaurant – Family restaurant with a huge selection of affordable fare including pizza, pasta, wings, subs, seafood, and salads. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eat in, carry out, or call for delivery.
- Vintage 414 – Vintage 414 serves up wine, beer and cocktails with small plates, cheese boards and flatbreads in Downtown Cambridge. Additionally, they are a retail shop offering wine, beer, specialty foods and gifts. Be sure to check out Wine Tasting Wednesdays!
- Water’s Edge Grill at the Hyatt – The Water’s Edge Grill is a full-service restaurant offering outstanding regional specialties for breakfast, lunch and dinner from their uniquely designed display kitchen. Overlooking the signature two-story stone fireplace and unique crescent pool, the grill offers picturesque dining, indoors, or outdoors on a screened enclosed porch. Featuring an array of local Chesapeake Bay favorites such as aged steaks, poultry and game, Water’s Edge Grill will appeal to everyone.
- The Woolford Store – The Woolford Store is the perfect place to start and end your hunt in Dorchester County, MD: home of the elusive Sika Deer! They have everything you need, from Sika calls and scents to knives and ammunition. Stop in for a quick breakfast sandwich before you dive deep into the marsh for the morning. After harvesting that big stag, check back with them for daily lunch specials, share your story with everyone and head to your blinds for a great waterfowl hunt. Once the sun goes down, stop back in for one of their amazing cheesesteak subs and call it a night before heading back out in the morning.
For more information about dining in Dorchester County, as well as local farmstands and seafood markets, please visit the Visit Dorchester County website.
- Adam’s Ribs – The best ribs and steaks in town!
- Acorn Market – Acorn Market is located in downtown Salisbury, MD. They serve gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads. Acorn Market is a great place to stop and grab a picnic lunch.
- Back Street Grill – We are a fair priced, casual restaurant with exceptional service.
- Boonies Restaurant & Bar – Casual dining – delicious steaks, ribs, chicken, seafood, salads and full bar.
- Brew River – Salisbury’s freshest seafood, waterfront dining and dock bar. Open for breakfast on Sunday.
- Cactus Taverna – Specializing in Mediterranean, steak & seafood.
- Caribbean Flava – Caribbean Flava is an authentic Jamaican restaurant located on Rt. 13 in Salisbury, MD.
- Evo Public House – Evolution craft beers paired with exciting gastro pub cooking.
- Goin’ Nuts Café – Homemade and creative, small bar & lounge with outside patio and 2 dining rooms. Locally owned and operated.
- Hunan Palace – Americanized Chinese food with fresh sushi.
- Market Street Inn – Casually upscale restaurant on the river. Serves lunch, dinner & outside mojito bar. We also offer catering.
- MayaBella’s Cafe & Pizzeria – MayaBella’s is located in downtown Salisbury, MD. They serve hot and fresh pizza in a comfortable and cozy atmosphere.
- MoJo’s – Local urban eatery.
- The Red Roost – The Red Roost is the Eastern Shore’s original All You Can Eat Crabhouse. This casual restaurant is equipped for parties of any size. Aside from its All You Can Eat specials, the restaurant boasts a full entrée menu, specializing in seafood, fried chicken and smoked ribs. The Red Roost is closed during the winter season.
- Restaurant 213 – Fine American dining with global influences.
- SoBo’s Wine Beerstro – The food is contemporary American cuisine with a bit of an upscale flare, with lunch and dinner menus that change frequently to reflect the flavors of the seasons as well as the wants and needs of our guests.
- Specific Gravity Pizzeria and Beer Joint – Featuring an extensive range of craft brewed beers by the pint – the only thing that is better is the handmade pizza. Serving both lunch and dinner in a cool no fuss type atmosphere with a newly added bottle shop featuring a large selection of wines, liquors and of course our own Evolution Craft Beers. Come in for some great pizza and wings then leave with a great bottle of wine as a nightcap from our Bottle Shop.
Western Sussex County
- Bethel Market – Stop in for a taste of local history, as well as supplies, snacks, and excellent sandwiches.
- Cafe Milano – Authentic Italian food and New York style pizza.
- China Wok – Fresh, authentic Chinese food. Dine in or carry out.
- Jeff’s Taproom – American eatery serving craft beers, burgers, wings, seafood, and more. Also ask about their in-restaurant catering and their package store.
- Passwater’s Restaurant – Food from a variety of cuisines located in the Heritage Shores area.
- Pizza King – A family style restaurant, serving a large selection for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dine in or take out.
- Sugar Beet Market – Cold drinks and casual dining, indoors or out. Located in Heritage Shores.
- Tony’s Pizza & Pasta – Authentic Italian food, pizza, wings, and more. Stop in for their Happy Hour specials 2-6pm.
- Abbott’s on Broad Creek – Kick back and have a drink or a meal on their beautiful outdoor patio or grab dinner in their cozy dining room. Proudly sourcing local products and serving lunch and dinner as well as Sunday brunch, private parties and local catering services. Be sure to check out their Happy Hour 2.0 specials!
- Best Kreyol Kitchen – A family-owned mobile food trailer serving authentic Caribbean cuisine. Takeout for lunch and dinner, as well as catering. Their ribs are a local favorite.
- Brother’s Pizza – A huge selection of pizzas, strombolis, hot and cold subs, salads, and appetizers, located next to Food Lion on Rt 13.
- Chef Fred’s Cafe – Located at Laurel Junction Market Place, they have breakfast, hot/cold subs, seafood, meal baskets, coffee, lump crab cakes, cream of crab soup, hand cut fries, and a dessert bar. Authorized seller of Boar’s Head meats.
- Chesapeake Country Kitchen – “Eastern Shore Favorites Cooked Fresh Daily.” Located in the Oasis Travel Plaza on Rt 13.
- Doloa Little Creek Deli – Takeout and snacks. Local tip: try the fish sandwiches!
- Dutch Country Market – With roots in Lancaster, PA, Dutch Country Market has been serving its customers baked goods, fresh rotisserie, Lancaster meats and cheeses, salads, sandwiches, platters and other market fresh treats for over twenty years. Open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- La Perla – Mexican-style seafood restaurant inside the Rt 13 Market. Fish tacos, ceviche, and more.
- Laurel Coffee Shop – Breakfast and lunch served in downtown Laurel. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Come check out their fresh doughnuts made in-house!
- Laurel Pizzeria – Laurel Pizzeria offers many Mediterranean recipes made from scratch daily, from Italian family secrets to traditional American items. Open 7 days a week for dine in, take out, and delivery. Catering also available. Voted Best Pizza and Best Cheesesteaks on the Shore 2021.
- Panda & Tokyo – Classic Chinese food for takeout. Online ordering available. Definitely try their coconut chicken!
- Pizza King – A family style restaurant, serving a large selection for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dine in or take out.
- R&R Grill n Bar – Open late for food and fun. Enjoy your Meal while Listening to the Rhythms of the 60s & 70s. Take a Seat in our 57 Chevy and reminisce amid the Memorabilia of Music & Old School Rides.
- SmashNDash Burgery – 100% fresh angus beef burgers, a wide selection of sandwiches, and hand-cut fries found here. Be sure to check out their homemade (in-house) hand dipped ice cream.
- Southfork Deli – A huge selection of sandwiches, snacks, and desserts out by the airport.
- Taco’s Chabelita – Authentic Mexican dishes made with the freshest ingredients. Dine in their colorful restaurant or take out. Local tip: try their habanero sauce! (on everything!)
- Alfredo’s Pizza Gallery – Family Ristorante Italiano.
- Bon Appetit Restaurant – Escape from the ordinary to enjoy a quiet evening with a European ambiance and French cuisine. Bon Appétit is the perfect place for a romantic evening, power lunch, or just a get together with friends.
- China Star – Chinese takeout. Check out their seafood boil menu!
- Cinnamon’s CC Restaurant and Lounge – Classic Delmarvalous food with a twist.
- The Dairy Bar Family Restaurant -Home cooking in the heart of Seaford. “All homemade pies, cakes, and Stella’s famous sweet potato biscuits.“
- Davelli’s Bagel Cafe – Davelli’s Bagel Cafe’ is a locally owned and operated cafe’ that offers a unique dining experience with great food and great prices.
- Dios Provee Antojitos Mexicanos – Authentic Mexican restaurant on High St. Check out their birria Fridays!
- Doña Maria’s Pupuseria – Award-winning Salvadoran Restaurant. Best of Sussex 2018 and 2020! Eat in, takeout, and delivery. Homemade, fresh, and authentic breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts.
- Every Fiber Coffee Co. – Home-cooked breakfast and lunch, coffee, and baked goods.
- Golden Eagle Diner – Enjoy a varied menu of everything from grilled cheese to prime rib at this old-school diner.
- Grotto Pizza – Legendary Delawarean pizza, bolis, pasta, sandwiches and more. Grotto Gelato served here!
- Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant – Chinese food: eat in or take out.
- Jumbo China – Authentic Chinese restaurant open for lunch and dinner. Online ordering available.
- Laurel Pizzeria Express – Pickup window and delivery of all the Laurel Pizzeria favorites!
- Manmie Da’s Bakery & Restaurant – Serving Haitian dishes and baked goods at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Fresh and authentic Caribbean favorites.
- Patizan Caribbean Restaurant – Authentic Haitian food. Dine in, carry out, and catering available.
- Pizza King – They offer a wide variety of pizza, subs, sandwiches, wraps, salads, homemade soups, desserts and much more. Whatever you’re in the mood for, you can find it here!
- Plaza Tapatia – Authentic Mexican cuisine with prompt, friendly service.
- Sal’s Italian Restaurant – Pizza, pasta, subs, and more. A local favorite since 1987.
- Shogun Japanese Restaurant – Sushi, hibachi, noodles, and more Japanese favorites just off Rt 13.
- Smith’s Cafe – Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served in a family style restaurant inside Teen Challenge thrift store. Check out their seafood entrees, and don’t leave without dessert!
- Southern Grill – Eastern shore home cooking, made from scratch.
- Stargate Diner – Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days a week.
- Texas Roadhouse – At Texas Roadhouse, they take pride in everything they do from hand-cut steaks and fall-off-the-bone ribs, to some pretty sweet margaritas. And they do it all with one goal — to give your family a place to go for great food and good times at a fantastic price.