Below are a sampling of restaurants that are located throughout the Nanticoke watershed, displayed by the county in which they are located. We hope that this list is helpful to you in planning your travels along the river!
- Chesapeake Culinary Center & Shore Gourmet – Located in Denton, MD the Chesapeake Culinary Center is housed in the historic Caroline Schoolhouse. The center offers a variety of cooking classes and workshops for groups of all sizes. Shore Gourmet is also located here, which features Maryland made specialty products. Shore Gourmet also offers a variety of breakfast and lunch items.
- Federalsburg Family Restaurant – This recently renovated Modern American restaurant serves everything from soups and salads to subs and delicious entrees.
- Great Wall Chinese Restaurant – Conveniently located on S. Main St. in Federalsburg, MD. Great Wall serves delicious Chinese food at a low price.
- Harry’s on the Green – Harry’s on the Green offers farm to table dining in a casual setting. The restaurant offers several seating options, from small intimate dining rooms, a covered porch, to a outdoor patio featuring a fireplace. Harry’s menu includes traditional Maryland seafood dishes, charbroiled steaks and chops and much more.
- La Delizia – La Delizia serves pizza, pasta, and subs of a great quality at an affordable price. Their casual atmosphere is very inviting and the staff are welcoming.
- Market Street Public House – Market Street Public House is located in Denton, MD. It is a great place for friends and family to share a delicious meal. Their menu includes traditional Irish pub-fare as well as a variety of popular American dishes. They serve lunch and dinner daily.
- Nich’s Coffee Shop – Nich’s is located in Denton, MD. They serve Rise Up coffee and a variety of baked goods.
For more information on dining in Caroline County, please visit the Tour Caroline County website.
- Ava’s Pizzeria & Wine Bar – Ava’s is located in downtown Cambridge in a beautifully restored historic building. The menu includes brick oven pizzas, salads, sandwiches, and pasta dishes. Everything is made in house from the pizza dough to their hand-pulled mozzarella.
- Bay Country Bakery – We offer and extensive selection of coffee and espresso drinks, as well as delicious bakery items!
- Bistro Poplar – Serving traditional French cuisine in the heart of historic Cambridge, Maryland. This one-of-a-kind restaurant’s culinary inspiration comes from the Picardy region of France, infused with local flavors such as crab and oyster.
- Blue Point Provision Company – Featuring a display grill with the best provisions from the Chesapeake Bay, Blue Point offers famous and locally harvested seafood. Located at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort, Blue Point offers such regional seafood specialties as local bay rockfish, world famous harvested Blue Point oysters, and their own signature crab cakes.
- Canvasback Restaurant and Irish Pub – The menu encompasses regional, French, Italian, and Irish dishes, with a focus wherever possible on using fresh, organic ingredients. Includes the casual Coolahan’s Pub, with live music most Saturday evenings. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.
- Carmela’s Cucina – A taste of Italy in the heart of the Chesapeake! This casual, family-owned Italian restaurant is located in Cambridge and features hand-tossed, thin crust, Sicilian style pizza. Specializing in Italian entrees, baked pasta, and seafood pasta dishes, they also serve fresh salads made with local produce, steaks and burgers, and cold and hot subs.
- Jimmie & Sook’s – Jimmie & Sook’s is located in Cambridge, MD and are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Their menu includes everything from award-winning cream of crab soup to pulled pork to chicken and dumplings. All of their crabmeat is local MD blue crab.
- Millie’s Roadhouse Bar and Grill – Millie’s Roadhouse Bar and Grill serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in Vienna. Offering crab cakes, steamed shrimp, fresh local fish, fresh oysters, steaks, subs, and more. Also available for on-site and off-site catering.
- Ocean Odyssey – Established in 1986 Ocean Odyssey serves 100% domestic crab meat and local oysters. Dine in or carry out steamed crabs. Also features a rotating stock of fresh fish, craft brews, local wines and fresh bread.
- Old Salty’s – Enjoy unforgettable cuisine as you dine at historic Old Salty’s Restaurant on Hooper Island.
- Palm Beach Willie’s – Enjoy floating waterfront dining at Slaughter Creek Marina near Taylors Island. Come by boat or by land!
- Portside Restaurant – Portside is a casual dining restaurant and bar. The restaurant overlooks Cambridge Creek and Cambridge’s historic drawbridge. They have a varied menu of seafood and American meals.
- RAR Brewing – RAR is a brewery located in Cambridge, MD. They produce well-balanced American brews in their 10-barrel brewery. RAR also serves pub fare.
- Rise Up Coffee Roasters – Rise Up offers locally roasted coffee made with organic beans. They also offer a range of breakfast sandwiches and baked goods.
- Snappers Waterfront Cafe – You are sure to enjoy dining at Snappers Waterfront Cafe, an American Grill and Cantina! We serve the best in Maryland Seafood, Authentic Southwestern Cooking, and American and Island cuisine!
- Suicide Bridge Restaurant – Enjoy beautiful waterfront dining in our 450 seat restaurant. Suicide Bridge Restaurant specializes in fresh seafood and prime cuts of beef. We feature award winning crabcakes and homemade desserts.
- Theo’s Steakhouse – Theo’s is located in the heart of downtown Cambridge, MD. They offer hand-carved steaks, hand-crafted burgers, local seafood, and salads.
- Adam’s Ribs – The best ribs and steaks in town!
- Acorn Market – Acorn Market is located in downtown Salisbury, MD. They serve gourmet sandwiches, soups and salads. Acorn Market is a great place to stop and grab a picnic lunch.
- Back Street Grill – We are a fair priced, casual restaurant with exceptional service.
- Boonies Restaurant & Bar – Casual dining – delicious steaks, ribs, chicken, seafood, salads and full bar.
- Brew River – Salisbury’s freshest seafood, waterfront dining and dock bar. Open for breakfast on Sunday.
- Cactus Taverna – Specializing in Mediterranean, steak & seafood.
- Caribbean Flava – Caribbean Flava is an authentic Jamaican restaurant located on Rt. 13 in Salisbury, MD.
- Evo Public House – Evolution craft beers paired with exciting gastro pub cooking.
- Goin’ Nuts Café – Homemade and creative, small bar & lounge with outside patio and 2 dining rooms. Locally owned and operated.
- Hunan Palace – Americanized Chinese food with fresh sushi.
- Market Street Inn – Casually upscale restaurant on the river. Serves lunch, dinner & outside mojito bar. We also offer catering.
- MayaBella’s Cafe & Pizzeria – MayaBella’s is located in downtown Salisbury, MD. They serve hot and fresh pizza in a comfortable and cozy atmosphere.
- MoJo’s – Local urban eatery.
- The Red Roost – The Red Roost is the Eastern Shore’s original All You Can Eat Crabhouse. This casual restaurant is equipped for parties of any size. Aside from its All You Can Eat specials, the restaurant boasts a full entrée menu, specializing in seafood, fried chicken and smoked ribs. The Red Roost is closed during the winter season.
- Restaurant 213 – Fine American dining with global influences.
- SoBo’s Wine Beerstro – The food is contemporary American cuisine with a bit of an upscale flare, with lunch and dinner menus that change frequently to reflect the flavors of the seasons as well as the wants and needs of our guests.
- Specific Gravity Pizzeria and Beer Joint – Featuring an extensive range of craft brewed beers by the pint – the only thing that is better is the handmade pizza. Serving both lunch and dinner in a cool no fuss type atmosphere with a newly added bottle shop featuring a large selection of wines, liquors and of course our own Evolution Craft Beers. Come in for some great pizza and wings then leave with a great bottle of wine as a nightcap from our Bottle Shop.
- Abbots on Broad Creek – We are doing lunch, dinner, happy hour and live music at the bar. Kick back and have a drink or a meal on our beautiful outdoor patio or grab dinner in our cozy dining room. We also offer plenty of private dining and local Delaware catering services. If you need an event catered, you’ve come to the right place! Proudly sourcing local products and serving Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week as well as Sunday Brunch, Private Parties and Catering.
- Dutch Country Market – With roots in Lancaster, PA, Dutch Country Market has been serving its customers baked goods, fresh rotisserie, Lancaster meats and cheeses, salads, sandwiches, platters and other market fresh treats for over twenty years. Open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Laurel Dutch Inn – Good food at good prices
- Laurel Pizzeria – Laurel Pizzeria offers many Mediterranean recipes made from scratch, from Italian family secrets to traditional American items. Open 7 days a week for dine in and take out.
- Oriental Express – Our main mission is to bring you the freshest ingredients and to bring the food alive in our unique style of Mandarin cooking.
- R&R Grill n Bar – Open late for food and fun. Enjoy your Meal while Listening to the Rhythms of the 60s & 70s. Take a Seat in our 57 Chevy and reminisce amid the Memorabilia of Music & Old School Rides.
- Tastee Freez – There’s only one chain in the fast food dessert industry that instills feelings of nostalgia… Tastee Freez. As an American tradition born in 1950, our frozen treats bring back fond memories of cool, creamy soft-serve and an era gone by.
- Alfredo’s Pizza Gallery – Family Ristorante Italiano.
- Applebee’s – Neighborhood bar and grill with a causal dining atmosphere.
- Bon Appetit Restaurant – Escape from the ordinary to enjoy a quiet evening with a European ambiance and French cuisine. Bon Appétit is the perfect place for a romantic evening, power lunch, or just a get together with friends.
- Davelli’s Bagel Cafe – Davelli’s Bagel Cafe’ is a locally owned and operated cafe’ that offers a unique dining experience with great food and great prices.
- Golden Eagle Diner – Enjoy a varied menu of everything from grilled cheese to prime rib at this old-school diner.
- Grotto Pizza – Legendary Delawarean pizza.
- Hard to Handle Sub Shop – Subs and sandwiches.
- Hong Kong Chinese Restaurant – Eat in Chinese restaurant.
- Pizza King – We offer a wide variety of pizza, subs, sandwiches, wraps, salads, homemade soups, desserts and much more. Whatever you’re in the mood for, you can find it here!
- Plaza Tapatia – Authentic Mexican cuisine with prompt, friendly service.
- Southern Grill – Eastern shore home cooking.
- Stargate Diner – Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days a week.
- Texas Roadhouse – At Texas Roadhouse, we take pride in everything we do from hand-cut steaks and fall-off-the-bone ribs, to some pretty sweet margaritas. And we do it all with one goal — to give your family a place to go for great food and good times at a fantastic price.
- Cafe Milano – Authentic Italian food and New York style pizza.